NOTE: This salad is bursting with flavor. From the warm grilled chicken over tender greens and fresh fruit, to the sweet Raspberry Poppy Seed Vinaigrette, this salad is a dream.
- 2 pounds chicken, preferably 12 tenderloins
- Lawry's coarse garlic slat with parsley
- Olive Oil
- 1 (8-ounce) package spring greens
- 3 cups romaine lettuce, chopped
- 1/2 cup red onion, chopped small
- 1 cup celery, chopped medium
- 2 cups red raspberries
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1 large red apple, sliced
- 1 cup pecans
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 (5-ounce) containers feta cheese, about 1 1/4 cups
- Raspberry Poppy Seed Vinaigrette
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 6 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 2/3 cup red raspberry preserves
- 1 tablespoon warm water, optional
- 1 teaspoon poppy seeds
- 1 teaspoon coarse sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon coarse ground black pepper
- Wash and rinse chicken tenderloins. Sprinkle tenderloins with the garlic salt and coat each side in olive oil. Grill the tenderloins about 6 to 8 minutes on each side. Remove and set aside for 5 to 10 minutes while preparing the salad. Tenderloins can also be pan fried in olive oil, if no grill is available.
- Place salad greens, romaine, onion, and celery in a large bowl; set aside. In another bowl add the raspberries, blueberries, and apple; toss together. Place the pecans in a dry skillet with sugar added and over medium low heat, stir the pecans until candied, or until the sugar disappears, about 2 to 3 minutes. Add the pecans to the fruit mixture. Add the fruit mixture to the salad greens and toss together.
- Make the raspberry poppy seed vinaigrette by combining the olive oil, vinegar, honey, raspberry preserves, water, poppy seeds, and salt and pepper in a jar with lid; shake well. Pour the dressing over the greens and fruit to bring the salad together. Divide the salad into eight bowls. Place two of the warm grilled chicken tenderloins over the top of each salad. Garnish each salad with about 1 tablespoon feta cheese. Makes 8 salads.