Note: You will love this fresh garden pasta salad with balsamic vinaigrette for all your summer events, it is truly addictive!
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 2 cups cauliflower florets
- ½ cup green onions chopped small, tops included
- ½ cup black olives
- ½ cup red bell pepper, chopped small
- 3 to 4 pepperoncini, chopped small
- 1 large fresh garden tomato, chopped into small quarters
- 3 to 4 l fresh basil leaves, torn small
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 (12-ounce) package Barilla tri-color rotini
- 1 tablespoon salt
- basil sprigs
- ¾ cup extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon coarse sea salt
- ½ teaspoon coarse black pepper
Yield: 6 Servings
- Rinse broccoli and cauliflower in cool water. Break broccoli and cauliflower into small florets, removing hard stems and core; place into large bowl.
- Place green onions, black olives, red bell pepper, pepperoncini, tomato, basil leaves, and garlic into bowl with broccoli and cauliflower. Make the balsamic vinaigrette by placing the olive oil, vinegars, salt and pepper into a jar with lid. Shake jar well and pour over the vegetables; marinate 15 minutes.
- Boil rotini in salted water for 7 minutes, drain well and do not rinse pasta with water. Place warm rotini in bowl with vegetables; stir well to coat pasta with dressing. Serve in small 1-cup bowls and garnish each bowl with a basil sprig. Makes 12 servings.