NOTE: These burgers are easy to fix, and so delicious. Stuffed with bacon, onions and sharp cheddar cheese, they are a mouthful of flavor.
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 envelope Lipton Recipe Secrets Beefy Onion Soup Mix
- 2 tablespoons Sweet Baby Ray’s Barbeque Sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3 to 4 slices bacon
- ½ cup onion, diced
- 1 tablespoon sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- Optional: Green lettuce leaf, tomato slices, pickle slices
Yield: 4 large Grilled Burgers
- Prepare grill: charcoal, or gas. In large bowl, mix the ground beef, beefy onion soup mix, barbeque sauce, salt, and pepper. Mix lightly. Do not knead the meat.
- Cut the bacon in small pieces and place in fry pan. Add the onion and fry together until the bacon is crisp. Remove to paper towel.
- Form the meat into 4 large balls. Split the balls in half and on one half, place 1 tablespoon of the bacon/onion mixture and 1 tablespoon of the cheddar cheese. Put the halves together and crimp the edges. Flatten lightly. Place the burgers on grill.
- Grill the burgers until desired doneness, about 6 to 7 minutes on each side. Butter the hamburger buns if desired and lay on grill until toasted. Place the burgers on the toasted buns and serve with condiments. Makes 4 cheeseburgers.