NOTE: This is one of my summer fun-wrap collections. These wraps are refreshing and delicious with a creamy strawberry spread to hold it all together. Make them with or without meat.
- Strawberry Cream Cheese Spread
- ¼ cup fresh cut strawberries, smashed
- 1 tablespoon powdered sugar
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese
- 5 (10-inch) soft garden green tortillas
- 1 cup green curly leaf lettuce, chopped into 2-inch pieces
- 1 cup fresh spinach leaves, left whole, and stems removed
- ½ cup purple onion, chopped small
- 1 cup fresh strawberries, sliced
- 4 to 5 slices oven roasted turkey, chopped small
- ½ cup purple grapes
- 1/2 cup Pecans, whole
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 cup variegated Colby/Jack cheese cubes,
- Or 1 (8-ounce) package shredded cheddar cheese
- Sprinkle of raspberry vinaigrette (I used Tuscan Gardens)
- Lay out the 5 tortillas on a board or counter.
- Make the strawberry cream cheese spread by mixing the strawberries and the powdered sugar until the sugar melts into the strawberries. Add the cream cheese and mix with hand mixer, or fork, until smooth; spread about 2 tablespoons strawberry cream cheese over each tortilla.
- Place the pecans into a dry skillet with the sugar, and over medium heat, constantly stir the pecans with the sugar until the pecans become coated and caramelized. Remove from heat; set aside
- Making one tortilla at a time, scatter some lettuce leaves and spinach over the cream cheese. Next add some purple onion, and about ¼ cup strawberries. Next, add a portion of the turkey. Over the turkey, add 2 to 3 purple grapes, and a tablespoon of the sugared pecans.
- Next, add cut cubed cheese, about 1 to 2 tablespoons. Sprinkle the stuffed tortilla with a little of the raspberry vinaigrette. Roll the tortilla up tight and secure with tooth pics.
- Cut the spinach tortillas into 3 sections, each secured with tooth picks. Makes 15 wraps.