NOTE: This gravy is what the doctor ordered to go over Rosalie’s Buttermilk Biscuits. It is smooth, rich, and delicious. You will love this recipe!
- 1 roll pork sausage of choice
- 4 tablespoons bacon drippings
- 1/3 cup flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 cups whole milk
Yield: 6 cups Gravy
- In large heavy skillet, add bacon drippings and pork sausage. Cook the sausage until broken up and meat is no longer pink.
- Stir in the flour, salt, and pepper all at once. With metal spatula, swirl the flour into the sausage and drippings. Slowly add milk a little at a time, so the flour can take in the milk. Continue swirling the milk into the flour and you will begin to see the gravy thickening. Continue until you reach the desired thickness, 3 ½ to 4 cups milk.
- Gently simmer for 2 minutes longer. The gravy will become smooth and thick. Use with Rosalie’s Buttermilk Biscuits. Makes 6 cups gravy.