NOTE: This Pumpkin Alfredo is so delicious, it will be hard for you to stop at one serving. The pumpkin is delightfully incorporated into the cream for a savory and delicious sauce.
- 12 -ounces fettuccine
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 5 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 5 fresh sage leaves
- 3 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 1/3 cups pumpkin puree
- 2/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Nutmeg for garnish, optional
- ½ to 1 cup pasta water
Yield: Serves 6
- Cook the fettuccine in boiling water with salt added, according to package directions. Remove 1 cup of the pasta water if needed to thin out sauce.
- In large fry pan, place the butter, garlic and sage leaves. Over medium heat let the butter become melted and heated. Sauté the garlic until it becomes golden and fragrant, about 2 to 3 minutes. The sage leaves will also become wilted and fragrant.
- Remove the sage leaves and add the cream. Stir the cream and garlic mixture until the cream becomes warm. Add the pumpkin and stir together well; add the cheese and continue to stir the sauce until smooth and well blended.
- Remove the fettucine when al dente with a spaghetti spoon; right out of the water into the sauce. Toss together well. There should be enough sauce for the pasta.
- Serve immediately in individual bowls. Sprinkle top with a little additional Parmesan cheese. Sprinkle dash of Nutmeg over top for garnish, if desired. Serves 6.