One of My favorite authentic Italian-American Recipes, my Italian Breaded Chicken Rolls with Peppermint Sauce!
- 600 Gram Chicken Breast (lengthwise)
- 1 Tbsp Olive Olive
- 1 Teasp Garlic Salt
- 250 Gram Porscuitto Ham
- 1 Cup Frozen Spinach
- 1 Pinch Coarse Salt
- 1 Pinch Pepper
- 300 Gram Buffalo Mozzarella Cheese
- 2/3 Cup Olive Olive (for frying)
For The Coating
- 2 Medium Eggs
- 1/2 Cup Breadcrumbs
- 1/2 Cup Parmesan Cheese
- 2 Clove Garlic Mince
- 1 Pinch Kosher Salt
- 1 Pinch Pepper
For The Sauce
- 1/2 Cup Peppermint Leaves
- 2 Clove Garlic
- 2 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 2 Cup Tomatoes
- 1/2 Teaspn Kosher Salt
- 1/4 Cup Cracked Pepper
- 2 Tbsp Water
- 1 Teasp Lemon Juice
Things You Will Need
- Electric Skillet
- Wooden / Glass Pestel
Yield: 6 Servings
- Clean and pound the chicken breast and keep it aside.
- Chop the Garlic and spinach, keep in separate bowl, beat the eggs, dice the tomatoes.
- In a bowl, combine the breadcrumbs, Parmesan cheese, chopped garlic and salt & pepper.
- In a bow, combine the spinach, olive oil, salt & pepper, keep it aside until needed
- Take the chicken breast, dip it in the olive oil which has been seasoned with garlic salt, coat them well.
- Place the porscuitto ham followed by the prepared spinach, finally a slice of mozzarella cheese.
- Roll the chicken breast and seal the edges with a toothpick.
- In a large skillet heat olive oil.
- Once the chickens are done, roll it in the beaten egg and coat it with the breadcrumbs mixture.
- Once done place the rolled chicken in the hot skillet and saute them for 4 minutes on each side or until they are brown and cooked.
- In a wooden or glass pestel, pound the peppermint, garlic, olive oil, chopped tomatoes, salt and pepper, water, lemon juice.
- Once done keep the sauce aside in a serving dish.
- Remove the fried chicken and place it in a serving plate.
- Serve the Fried Breaded Chicken Rolls along with Peppermint Tomato Sauce.