NOTE: My father, Bill Fiorino, would grill these steaks outside during the summer months. The smell would permeate the neighborhood, and everyone knew these scrumptious steaks were on the grill.
- 4 strip sirloin steaks
- Lawry’s coarse ground garlic salt with parsley added
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup plain bread crumbs
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh curly parsley, chopped
- 1 teaspoon coarse sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black peper
- Rinse steaks in cool water. Pat dry and sprinkle with garlic salt on both sides. Pour olive oil in a large shallow dish and coat steaks on both sides. Leave steaks in oil and set aside.
- Mix bread crumbs, cheese, garlic, parsley, and salt and pepper. Place the crumbs in a large shallow dish. Dip the oil-coated steaks in bread crumb mixture on both sides. Spray grill with cooking spray, and place on hot grill. Grill the steaks about 2 to 3 minutes on each side. Return steaks to large meat platter. Serve with peppermint sauce. Serves 4.