NOTE: Even if you do like cabbage, chances are you will like this recipe. The cabbage is cooked crunchy with lots of crisp bacon and onions.
- 8 to 10 slices bacon cut into small pieces.
- 1 small yellow onion, chopped.
- 1 head medium cabbage chopped into small chunks.
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- ½ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes.
Yield: 6 to 8 Servings
- Fry the bacon in a large frypan until crispy. Keep bacon drippings in pan and add the onion. Fry together for about 3 to 5 minutes.
- Add the chopped cabbage, salt and pepper and red pepper flakes. Stir together, and fry uncovered for about 10 minutes, stirring often to prevent the cabbage from burning. Do not overcook, keeping the cabbage crunchy. Transfer cabbage to a large platter and serve with desired entrees. Serves 6 to 8.