NOTE: These beautiful little croissants are filled with a crunchy chicken salad loaded with purple grapes and sugared pecans. They are perfect for your next bridal shower.
- 2 (12.5-ounces) cans chicken breasts, drained
- 1/2 cup celery, chopped small
- 2 to 3 tablespoons onion, chopped small
- 1 cup purple seedless grapes, whole
- 1 cup toasted sugared pecans
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- red curly lettuce leaves
- 12 large or 15 small croissants
- powdered sugar
- In large bowl combine chicken, celery, onion, and grapes. Toast pecans in dry skillet adding sugar and stir constantly for 2 to 3 minutes, or until toasted and sugared. Add pecans to the chicken mixture, and stir well to combine.
- Make dressing by combining mayonnaise, sour cream, lemon juice, and sugar. Add to chicken mixture. Open each croissant and place 1 lettuce leaf with curly edge protruding. Place about 1/3 cup chicken salad on each leaf. Close croissant and arrange on platter. Place grape clusters in and around croissants. Dust tops of croissants with powdered sugar. Makes about 1 dozen.