NOTE: This chicken salad is so tasty, you will want to make it for everyone. It is especially good for all your carry-in parties at church, school, or your place of work. Served on small or large croissants, it is a lovely display on your platter.
- 2 (12.5-ounce) cans chicken breasts, drained, or 2 cups cooked chicken, chopped small
- 1/2 celery, chopped small
- 2 to 3 tablespoons onion, chopped small
- 1 cup purple seedless grapes, left whole
- 1 cup pecans, left whole
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- red or green curly lettuce leaves
- 12 large, or 15 small croissants
- clusters of purple grapes
- powdered sugar
- In large bowl combine chicken, celery, onion, grapes, and pecans. Stir well to combine.
- Make dressing by combining mayonnaise, sour cream, lemon juice, and sugar. Add to chicken mixture, and stir until well combined. Open each croissant and place 1 lettuce leaf with curly edge showing. Place about 1/3 cup chicken salad on each leaf. Close croissant and arrange on platter. Place grape clusters in and around croissants. Dust tops of croissants with powdered sugar. Makes about 1 dozen sandwiches.