NOTE: These little sliders are perfect for your deck parties, afternoon events, or just a surprise for your own family. They are so delicious piled up with shredded barbecue chicken and topped off with a crunch of Coleslaw.
- 3 boneless chicken breasts, about 4 pounds
- 4 cups water
- 4 cups Kitchen Basics Chicken Stock
- Lawry’s coarse garlic salt with parsley added
- Coarse black pepper
- 1(18-ounce) bottle barbecue sauce, favorite
- Reserved chicken stock
- 1 dozen Silver Dollar Sweet Rolls
- Spicy honey mustard
- Pickle chips
- Crunchy Coleslaw
- 1 (10-ounce) package shredded cabbage Coleslaw mix
- 2 cups shredded purple cabbage
- 1/3 cup sugar
- ½ cup real mayonnaise
- ½ buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon cider vinegar
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 large purple onion cut into rings
- Rinse chicken in cool water: trim away any fat or gristle. Place chicken in large pot with water and bring to a rolling boil. Skim off any foam that arises to the top. Pour the chicken and water into a strainer, and rinse chicken of any foam or residue.
- Place chicken back in pot and add chicken stock. Bring to boil; then reduce heat to a steady simmer. Cook the chicken until tender, about 15 to 20 minutes. Remove chicken when very tender to a cutting board. Reserve 1 cup of the chicken stock.
- When chicken is cool to touch, shred with two forks, or break apart with clean fingers. Sprinkle chicken lightly with the coarse garlic salt and pepper. Place the chicken into a large saucepan. Add the barbecue sauce and about ½ cup of the reserved chicken stock. Stir the chicken to incorporate the stock and sauce. If the sauce is too thick, add the remaining ½ cup of chicken stock. Bring chicken to simmer and cook together for about 15 minutes for the seasonings to blend. Stir often not to burn.
- To make the coleslaw, place the cabbage slaw mix and the shredded purple cabbage into a large bowl; toss together. Add the sugar, mayonnaise, buttermilk, lemon juice, vinegar and salt and pepper to taste. Stir well to combine flavors. Make any seasonings adjustments as desired.
- To Assemble the Sliders: Place the dinner rolls on a large cutting board. Cut each dinner roll in half, and place a teaspoon of the spicy honey mustard on the bottom half; top with one or two pickle chips Next, add a portion of the shredded barbecued chicken. Top with a tablespoon or two of the crunchy slaw. Top with a ring or two of purple onion. Place the top half over the onion, and secure with colorful tooth pics. Serve on large round tray. Makes 12 Sliders. NOTE: Halved dinner rolls can be placed on cookie sheet, and toasted in oven if desired before assembling.