You will love this!
- 1 lb angel hair
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 to 3 cloves garlic, chopped fine
- 1 (15-ounce) can Hunts diced tomatoes
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- Sprinkle of salt and pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 chicken bouillon cube
- 1 (10-ounce) package baby spinach
- Extra virgin olive oil, about 1/3 cup
- 1 cup hot pasta water
- Parmesan cheese
Yield: Serves 6
- Put water on to boil for pasta, add the salt. Prepare the marinara by pouring olive oil into a medium saucepan. Add the garlic to the oil and sizzle only for 30 seconds; do not brown the garlic. Add the can of diced tomatoes, basil, sugar, and salt and pepper. Bring the sauce to a gentle boil; add the crushed red pepper flakes and the bouillon cube. Let simmer for about 6 to 8 minutes.
- Place the spinach into a large pasta bowl. (A (6-8-ounce) package will work also, if you don't want too much spinach.) When pasta is done "al dente", lift it right out of the pasta water onto the spinach. Add about 1 cup of the pasta water; this with wilt the spinach nicely. Next, add more olive oil, about 1/3 cup. Pour the marinara sauce over the pasta and toss evenly. Sprinkle about 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese over the top. Garnish with corase black pepper. Serves 6.