NOTE: This creamy banana creme cheese frosting will feel like satin in your mouth. It is perfect for the beautiful Banana Supreme Cake with Candied Walnuts.
Ingredients:[caption id="attachment_988" align="alignleft" width="168"] Mother's Day Cake - Beautiful Banana Cake w/Candied Walnuts[/caption]
- 1 cup mashed bananas
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- ½ cup butter, softened
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- ½ cup chopped walnuts
- 1tablespoon brown sugar
- 6 Maraschino cherries
Yield: 12 to 14 Slices
- Combine mashed bananas and lemon juice; set aside
- With an electric mixer, cream butter and cream cheese at medium speed until combined. Add the bananas and vanilla to cream cheese mixture. Add powdered sugar a little at a time until smooth; stir in the coconut.
- In small skillet, combine walnuts and sugar. Toast nuts over medium heat until browned and aromatic, about 2 to 3 minutes. Remove and let cool on waxed paper.
- Frost cake; sprinkle the toasted nuts over top and garnish with cherries.